3D Star Tutorial

Today I made a 3D star. When I first read the tutorial at on Grey Luster Girls blog, it sounded a little complicated but after screwing up on my first one and then trying again on my second one, it is actually quite simple!
 
You will need...
1 empty cereal box
a hot glue gun
scissors
a pencil and paper
 
Directions:
 
   1. Grab an empty cereal box and make it lay out flat on your table. Draw and cut 2 - 5 point stars on the cardboard, or if you're like me, not very artistic, you can trace my template at the end of this blog post if you want. :)
 


   2. Use a ruler and draw lines on the cardboard star as shown in the picture below.
 
 

    3. With something pointy (I used the end of my scissors) trace the lines to make a small crease. After your done tracing the lines, fold the cardboard on the creases.
 
 
 


    4. Now you have you have half of your 3D star. Repeat steps 2-3 on your other piece of cardboard. Glue the 2 stars together with a hot glue gun around the edges and you have a 3D star! Then paint it with spray paint.

 
 
Here is the template. Save it as a picture to your computer so you can print it.
 
 
 
 If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. While your here at my blog why don't you take my poll?

Comments

  1. Sounds like an awsome craft, can't wait to try it! Karen @AHG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts